Here it is.
2015 Trek Fuel EX 9.9, in all of it’s Project One glory.
- 18.5″ frame, full carbon with magnesium Evo link and carbon armor, in Smoke Red with Platinum logos.
- Rockshox RS-1 120mm carbon fork with remote lockout.
- Shimano XTR 1×11 drivetrain, ceramic bottom-bracket and XTR Trail brakes (the 2015 version).
- Rockshox Reverb stealth dropper post.
- ENVE 29XC wheels laced to DT240 rear hub (12×142) and SRAM Predictive Steering front hub with Sapim CX-Ray spokes, built by Chad at North Central Cyclery.
- Bontrager XXX Carbon stem (70mm) with ENVE DH Carbon bars, ESI Chunky grips and Cane Creek carbon headset.
- Ergon SM3 Pro Carbon saddle.
- Bontrager XR3 Team tires, 2.3″, tubeless.
- Fox Float Kashima-coated 120mm shock with DRCV and Reaktiv.
Pictures today. More on ‘why’ later.
I cannot describe how amazing the color is. Every time the light changes, the color changes. It is fantastic–the best paint job I’ve ever seen.